We are calling for the churches in the Missionary Church to observe Good Friday, April 10, as a National Day of Prayer & Fasting.
This call is threefold in nature:
To plead to a merciful God to put an end to this pandemic. If there were ever a time when we need to embrace 2 Chronicles 7:14, it is now.
To call the church to a deeper level of intimacy with God and a greater sense of dependency. Prayer should always deepen our relationship with Him (Psalm 34:4).
To pray for spiritual awakening in our churches, in the nation, and globally. Every great move of God has been preceded by extraordinary seasons of prayer. We could be on the verge of the greatest awakening in history.
Come to Him in faith – Hebrews 11:6
Come in humility – Colossians 3:12; Psalm 10:17
Come in desperation – Psalm 18:6
Come in expectation – John 14:13
Come with gratitude – Psalm 107:15
There is nothing meritorious about fasting. It is simply about seeking the face of God. Generally, a day of fasting and prayer may begin after dinner the day before the fast. Then the fast is often broken at the next evening meal. Whether you fast from food, technology, or something else, at least the time you would normally spend doing that would be spent in prayer. Hopefully the entire day would be spent in reflection and prayer.
- Pray for containment
- Pray for healing for those infected
- Pray for comfort for those who have lost loved ones
- Pray for a remedy/for a vaccine and for effective treatment
- Pray for protection for health care professionals – the frontline workers
- Pray for God’s provision for those who have lost jobs or who face losing their job
- Pray that we will remember that all that we have belongs to the Lord
- Pray for a quick economic recovery
Romans 15:13; 1 Corinthians 15:58; Philippians 1:9; Psalm 27:4; 2 Thessalonians 1:11
- Pray that pastors will seek a new level of intimacy with the Father as they seek Him for help in this time of chaos
- Pray they will serve out of a renewed sense of dependency
- Pray that their love for Jesus will grow deeper and deeper as He shows them new ways to minister
- Pray that God would keep them refreshed and encouraged for the duration of this pandemic
- Pray that God will protect them
- Pray that believers will use this time of confinement to spend extra time with Jesus and that they will develop a deeper love for Him as He sustains them
- Pray for a renewed sense of dependence on God
- Pray that out of a deeper love for Jesus will flow an even greater generosity
- Pray that the “reach” of the church will increase
- Pray that God will strengthen family relationships as they worship together in their homes
- Pray that God will change the hearts of those prone to be abusers and interrupt any plans or attempts they may make to abuse a loved one
- Pray for awakening in the Church – that dead bones will live again
- Pray that churches will be awakening from complacency to a new vision of God and His Kingdom
- Pray for an awakening among nonbelievers. Pray that in desperation, men and women around the world will cry out to God in repentance and faith
- Pray that the Church will be awakened to the urgency of the Gospel message