The National Day of Prayer is May 3, 2018. There have been critical seasons in American history when there was a great need for prayer. This is one of those seasons. We have lost our way. We are living in a time when “everyone is doing what is right in his own eyes” (Deuteronomy 12:8). The Church must unite in intercessory prayer for the nation that we might experience another great awakening.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd, chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task force, is calling the Church to pray for UNITY in America. That unity can only happen as we submit ourselves to the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for unity in America – Ephesians 4:3 – The present spiritual crisis in America is calling us to pray that God would break down the barriers that divide us; that He would change hearts that we might see others as He sees them.
- Pray for unity in the Church of America – I Corinthians 1:10 – God is calling His Church in America to unify upon the authority of the Bible and the centrality of Jesus Christ, the only Savior of the world. Pray that the Church will agree together that Jesus is our greatest need as a nation and pray that the Church will lead America to unity.
- Pray for unity in families, workplaces, communities and cities – 2 Chronicles 30:12 – It is the power of God that can heal families; it is His power that can make the workplace safe; it is His power that can bring peace to neighborhoods.
- Pray for unity among all ethnicities – Ephesians 2:14 – Since each of us is made in the image of God, we each bear His image regardless of the color of our skin or the uniqueness of our ethnicity.
- Pray for unity that we agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next great spiritual awakening in America. – Acts 1:14 – Unless the Lord intervenes and stops the current trend away from Him, America will continue to decline. Pray for an awakening.
This prayer for unity is in addition to continuing to pray for the 7 centers of influence in America:
Government – Military – Media/arts – Business – Education – Church – Family
This is a critical time in our history. Do not underestimate the power of the Church uniting together on one day to pray for the nation. Whether you join with other churches, pray in a public gathering or host a gathering at your church, join with others in praying for the nation.
The National Day of Prayer is May 3. You still have time to prepare.
Resources are available at www.nationaldayofprayer.org.