The World Partners Regional Strategy Coordinators and staff on Home Ministry Assignment will be at the World Partners booth during SHIFT National Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana, from July 8-11. Please find us at the booth or throughout the conference by looking for the black World Partners’ vests which the staff will be wearing.
Please join us for these World Partners Workshops at SHIFT:
How Short-Term Missions Can Have a Long-Term Impact in Your Church
Rev. Bert Jones and Leslie Foster
Bert and Leslie will share how short-term teams can have both a lasting impact on the participants and those whom they are serving.
Description: Leslie Foster and Bert Jones bring with them a great deal of experience leading and coordinating short-term teams. Leslie serves World Partners as the International Service Administrator, and Rev. Bert Jones was formerly the president of GO International. The church he currently pastors sends out over twenty short-term teams each year. In this workshop, they will discuss ways short-term teams can benefit the local church and ways to maximize the impact of short-term teams.
Making Disciples Among Those Not Interested in Your Church
A conversation with Rick Dugan, World Partners Director of International Development, and Russ Johnson, Director of The Table Network, about multiplying disciples among those who don’t know Jesus and aren’t interested in church.
Description: According to General Social Survey/2018, Evangelicals, Roman Catholics and “Nones” each comprise roughly 23% of the American population, with other religions and kinds of Christians making up the remainder. Christianity in North America is one option among many, and increasingly people are able to get their spiritual and relational needs met outside of traditional church communities. How do we make disciples among those who aren’t looking for a church? Rick Dugan and Russ Johnson will share lessons learned in discipling people outside traditional church communities. This interactive workshop will be a conversation about:
- The message: How is the Good News more than a Plan of Salvation, and why is this important in a pluralistic society?
- The methods: What practical steps can we take to make disciples outside traditional church structures?
- The messengers: How will this change us? Are we ready to be changed?
How Global Missions Strengthens the Local Church
Hear from a panel of pastors who have utilized their involvement in international missions to further their ministry in their local communities.
- Nathanael Naugle, pastor at Fleetwood Bible Church in Fleetwood, PA and World Partners Advisory Committee representative for the Eastern Region
- Jason Dickinson, senior pastor at Granger Missionary Church
- Jim Jordan, Michigan Region Director, former senior pastor of Lighthouse MC in East Jordan, MI
- Mike Somers, associate pastor at Crossroads Community Church in Camarillo, CA and assistant regional director for the Western Region
Description: Dave Mann, World Partners Director of Strategic Partnerships, will be interviewing pastors who have been involved with global missions who will share from their experience. How has this impacted their congregations and communities? What have been the challenges? What kind of involvement has had the greatest impact? Come hear what they have learned, as well as ideas to help you and your church become more involved in global missions.