Praying for your chosen college/university
- Read Psalm 139:23-24 — Get yourself ready to pray.
- Ask God to search and reveal your heart, and confess your sins before Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for a fresh personal work of deep brokenness and humility.
- Ask God to reveal any personal biases that you’re unaware of, and ask that He would give you His heart for all people.
- PRAY: “Father, we ask that You would give us the love for one another that You have for us. We confess our bitterness, comparison, criticism, and general negligence toward one another. We confess that we cannot love one another as we ought. For Your Name, Amen.”
- Repent by laying down past and present offenses. Ask God to lead you to forgiveness and restoration.
“We acknowledge our wickedness, Lord, and the guilt of our ancestors; we have indeed sinned against you.” — Jeremiah 14:20 (NIV)
- Pray that no root of bitterness would hinder the Lord’s work in campus ministries but that we would freely forgive and see one another as God sees.
- Pray for the color lines to be washed away in the blood of Jesus.
- Pray for the mental health of students. Pray that God would heal any past wounds that torment, and pray students will not believe the lies of the enemy.
- Pray for believers across America to gather to pray for revival and awakening on college campuses in America.
“If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” — John 14:14 (NKJV)
“… for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.” — Hosea 10:12 (NLT)
- Pray for the fullness of the power and presence of Jesus Christ.
- Ask God for faith, persistence and perseverance to be “continually devoted to prayer” for revival and awakening on the college campuses of our nation.
- Pray for a holy hunger for souls to be saved on your campus and that God would use you to bring people into His Kingdom.
- Pray for a revival of holiness on the college campus.
- Pray that this campus would enter into the fullness of God’s plan.
- Pray for an outpouring of God’s Holy Spirit!
- Pray this prayer for the Church and campus.
“I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.” — John 17:20-21 (NIV)
- Pray for Holy Spirit-led unity between ministry leaders and believers in the Body of Christ that would result in deep relationships, united prayer, united action and transformational impact.
- Pray the Lord of the Harvest would thrust forth ones like the Moravians on campuses across America who will cry out, “May the Lamb who was slain receive His due reward for His suffering!”
- Pray for open hearts to the Gospel on the campus, that many would turn from sin and surrender to the Lordship of Jesus.
“Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith…” — Hebrews 10:19-22 (NIV)
- Pray for a response of faith, humility and surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that campuses would be “Set afire with the presence of the Holy Spirit as we humble ourselves, pray and turn from our wicked ways, pray that once again we will experience His presence and healing power for our campuses, our nation and our world.”
- Pray that the Church will once again care for the campus and its spiritual welfare.
- Ask God for insight into specific sins and/or strongholds over the campus.
- Pray for students to surrender to God’s purposes for their lives and in their generation.
“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.” — Ephesians 1:17 (ESV)
- Pray for students to joyfully share the hope of Christ’s love through generous acts of compassion and evangelism.
- Pray for college students to be drawn to God to give their lives to Jesus and to give their lives in His service for God’s glory.
- Pray for college students to lay hold of leading a holy, consecrated lifestyle.
- Pray that God would raise up a new generation of surrendered followers of Jesus on campus whose lives demonstrate the power of God to fulfill His promises.
- “Father, we are asking that You would release a movement of repentance and holiness that would sweep through the student body, even amongst the professors and administration, and that every heart would be consumed with longing for Your presence! In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.”
Excerpted from the Collegiate Day of Prayer 40-Day Prayer Guide First Printing — 2021. Copyright © 2021 Collegiate Day of Prayer. All rights reserved. PO Box 31, Buchanan, MI 49107, collegiatedayofprayer.org.