North Central District
- Congratulations to Joel & Helen Gentz (Bethel Missionary Church) on welcoming Noah James into their family on October 22. Joshua and Elsie were excited to meet their little brother!
- Encounter Church (Jared & Leah Gregory) is the district's newest church plant to be located in Elkhart, IN. You can follow their vision, milestones, prayer requests and also donate HERE.
- The online Annual Pastor/Church Evaluations are available HERE. If you need assistance, contact email@example.com. MCNCD does not require that you use this tool, but does encourage each church to conduct an evaluation annually.
- The district Bylaws Committee will be meeting soon. If you have any comments you would like to share with them, please contact Dan Bridges by Nov. 15 at firstname.lastname@example.org. The district bylaws can be found HERE.
- The district Nominating Committee will be meeting in December. If you have any nominations you would like to submit for the positions on the Governance Board (credentialed and lay persons) and the Vice District Superintendent for the next conference year, please send them to District Superintendent Joe Wenger: email@example.com.
- Nov. 2 and Dec. 7 Teen Quiz events take place at St. Mark Missionary Church, Mishawaka, IN.
- Nov. 9 Prairie Camp needs your help to rake a million leaves! Saturday, Nov. 9, 8a-12p with coffee & hot chocolate provided. Bring your rakes and leaf blowers!
- Nov. 10 Bethel College invites you to attend the 7th Presidential Inauguration for Dr. Gregg Chenoweth. Community Worship Service at 11:00 am and Inauguration Ceremony at 2:30 pm.
- Nov. 16 Children's Quiz at Pleasant Hill Missionary Church, Bronson, MI.
- Dec. 1 3DYC online registration deadline! 3DYC takes place Dec. 28-30 at the Grand Wayne Center in Ft. Wayne, IN. Youth Directors: we hope you're tuned in to the updates on the website and Facebook! Check often now that 3dyc is getting closer! Like the FB page or follow on Twitter ...this is where you'll be updated. Check out the latest addition of the iOStage to the free time time slots on both Saturday & Sunday. You will want to send your kids to the website to sign up for this if they are interested in doing any kind of talent at 3dyc. Promoting to your students via social media? Use the hashtag #3dyc.
- Dec. 1 March for Life 2014 registration deadline. The march takes place January 22 at the National Mall in Washington DC in celebration of life! Bus leaves Tuesday, Jan. 21 and returns Friday, Jan
24, cost of $175, staying at the Holiday Inn Capitol Hotel. Contact: Jennie de Araujo at 517.369.2198 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Don/Pat Matteson at 517.227.0573 or email@example.com.
- Dec. 1 Bethel College early admission date. Free application online HERE.
- Dec. 6 Pastors' Christmas Banquet at Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center, Middlebury, IN at 6:00 pm. RSVP by Nov. 27.
7 Crystal Valley Missionary Church Free Garage Sale. Contact the church for additional information: 574.825.0104.
- Dec. 7 & 8 Bethlehem Marketplace at Fairview Missionary Church. A walk-through drama, all indoors with a cast of over 200 in Angola, IN. No admission charge. For more information: 260.665.8402 or www.fairview-missionary.org.
- The Center for Congregations offers the following seminars: Positive Change for Congregations, The Recession and its Implications for Congregational Life, Using Energy Prudently, etc. Additional information HERE.
- Rev. Gary Hinkle (Bremen) and family (Rev. Bob & Donna Eagle, Dan & Renee Bridges) following the passing of Linda on October 24.
- Bellman family following the passing of Nettie Bellman (widow of Rev. Jesse Bellman) on October 19.
- Retha Moran and family following the passing of Dr. John Moran on October 15.
- Rev. Byron & Cindy Maynard and family following a serious car accident October 18. Cindy requires healing of a broken hip before consultation for further treatment of the cancer. She is at home with several restrictions.
- Rev. Wayne Speicher had a blood transfusion in September and was able to receive chemo treatment again in October. He had a biopsy of a lesion on the side of his head & is waiting for test results to determine if it is skin cancer. Continue to pray for his strength as he also cares for Opal.
- Rev. Tom Blaylock's (former District Expansion Team Director) father, Marvin Blaylock is failing quickly and is in hospice care. Tom is flying back from South Carolina to be with his parents.