North Central District
- Friday, May 10
- Wakarusa Missionary Church
- Registration begins at 8:15 am, conference convenes at 9:00 am and concludes at noon
- Elections for District Superintendent, Vice District Superintendent, District Secretary and Governance Board members
- Conference Handbook can be found HERE.
- Congratulations to Rev. Jordan Pearson who was ordained on April 14 at New Life Fellowship where he serves as the worship and youth leader.
- Congratulations to Rev. Jeff Truex who was ordained on April 19 at Cedar Road Missionary Church where he serves as Senior Pastor.
- Bethel College announces a new President: Gregg Chenoweth, Ph.D. You can find additional information HERE.
- Crystal Valley Missionary Church (Rev. Chris Garner) and Jabulani Missionary Church (Rev. Roderick Hoffman) were featured on WNIT Experience Michiana on March 26! You can watch it HERE (about the 12:50 mark).
- Congratulations to Dr. Jason Nicholls who will be celebrating 10 years of ministry serving as Senior Pastor at Redeemer Missionary Church, South Bend, IN.
- Diamond Cove Missionary Church (Rev. Charlie Keller) celebrated "Resurrection Day" with baptizing six people. They included a family of four, a young man who came to Christ a few weeks ago through the same family and a foreign exchange student from Thailand who cemented her relationship with Jesus this school year!
- New Paris Missionary Church (Rev. Dave Hackney) met for a Sunrise Service on Easter morning celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and watched as four people demonstrated their faith in Christ by following Him in baptism.
- SHIFT National Conference early registration deadline is May 1. Log on to shiftnationalconference.com for all the information.
- 1st Annual Hubbard Hill Golf Benefit: takes place on Monday, June 10 at Elcona Country Club. Registration is at 10:30 am, lunch at 11:30 am and shotgun start at 1:00 pm. Contact Char Speicher for sponsorship and registration information at 574.315.4727.
- Quizzing: Teen Quizzing district finals will be May 11 at Zion Missionary Church, Elkhart, IN.
- Youth Ministry:
- Youth Lunch Chat: May 24th at Mancino's, Elkhart
- 3DYC: December 28-30 at the Grand Wayne Center, Ft. Wayne. Keep fund raising!
- Women's Ministry:
- Ladies Day at camp: July 30
- Craft U (Women's Retreat): November 8-10 at Farmstead Inn, Shipshewana, IN
- Prairie Camp:
- Summer Camps: There is still room for you!
- Rookie Camp: June 5-7 for those just completing grades K-2.
- Junior Camp: July 14-18 for those just completing grades 3-4.
- Preteen Camp: July 14-18 for those just completing grades 5-6.
- Wilderness Camp: June 25-29 for those just completing grades 7-9.
- Register HERE.
- Teen Camp: July 28-August 3
- Fearless! Ephesians 6:19-20 says, "Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
- Register HERE.
- Family Camp:
- July 27-August 4
- Fearless! Joshua 1:9 says, "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." More information HERE.
- Brochures for camps can be found at your local church or stop by the District Resource Center.
- Pick-a-Project: new projects are listed and need your help. Find them HERE.
- Extreme Makeover Cabin Edition: camp is coming! Your special touch can be used HERE!
- Health Insurance Rebate: If your church pays for the Health Insurance for some or all employees AND you have sent some money to the Federal Government in 2012 (usually in the form of Social Security and income tax withholding for non-minister employees) then you may be eligible to receive money back. May 15 is the deadline to file. Please email email@example.com if you would like to receive an information packet on this process.
- First Missionary Church (Rev. Dan Miller) has two positions available: full time Youth Director and full time Children's Director. Contact Karen Blank at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- College Park Missionary Church begins a Tennis Outreach each Saturday, weather permitting, from 9:00 am to noon on Saturday, May 11 at the Bethel College tennis courts. This outreach is open to all churches and all ability levels. You may play as much or as little as you wish. If you do not have a tennis racquet, there will be extras available. Come and enjoy the exercise and the fellowship.
- The Waterford at Edison Lakes is sponsoring a Pastor's Brunch: May 6, from 10 am - noon at their location, 1025 Park Place, Mishawaka IN. Speaker: John Dendiu, Assistant Dir. MMin. and MATS, Assoc Professor of Religion and Bible at Bethel College presents: The Importance of Self-Care in Ministry. RSVP now at 574.247.1552.
- Continuing Education: Moody Theological Seminary-Michigan is sponsoring a free Pastor Leadership Training event on May 10 at their Plymouth campus. Dr. Gene Getz is the featured speaker. More information can be found HERE.
- National Day of Prayer May 2 "Pray for America" based on Matthew 12:21 which reminds us that "In His name the nations will put their hope."
- Myrtice George (Lloyd, Galien) healing following emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer.
- Families who recently lost loved ones:
- Mark Batterbee and Susan Neumayer (Terry, Trinity) following the passing of Betty Batterbee on March 29
- Rev. Daniel Thornhill family following his passing on March 6
- Those with continuing health needs:
- Wayne Speicher: cancer is active again and he's back on chemo once a month
- Neil Rinehart: Denominational Treasurer, intense pain with the last stages of cancer
- Phyllis Phipps: (Ron, retired- Denominational Office) decisions on her Plasmaphersis treatments and continued strength
- Dave D'Arcy: physical strength through therapy
- Cindy Maynard (Byron, New Hope) cancer treatment
- Linda Hinkle (Gary, Bremen) cancer