News and Notes
DECEMBER 4, 2013
PRAYER & PRAISE:
1. DARRELL SCHLABACH, President of MML&I has been released from the hospital and is staying with his daughter and son-in-law, BRENDA & DR. MARCUS WARNER, in the Indianapolis area. He is receiving antibiotics to battle the infection in his system. Please pray for his continued healing.
2. GAIL STUTZMAN, daughter retired Regional pastor REV. RICHARD & JUNE CULP, has not seen any improvement in the problems of swelling and pain in the site of her earlier cancer surgery. Her doctors are quiet concerned and have started her on IV antibiotics. She will see a doctor on Friday to determine if the antibiotics are working and if a biopsy is needed. Many will know the Stutzman family from their ministry with children at Brown City Camp.
3. PASTORS WITH HEALTH NEEDS:
- REV. HAROLD & DONNA SEVER, GRACE MC - WATERFORD, will have a series of scans on December 13 which will enable the doctors to determine how the chemo is working. Please continue to remember Harold and Donna in prayer.
- REV. GERALD SIMS, NEW HOPE MC - LAPEER, is recovering from his October 31 brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor.
- PASTOR DALE BULLOCK, MIZPAH MC - CASS CITY, had knee replacement surgery last week. He is receiving in-home physical therapy. Thank you for your continued prayer for safety and healing during his recovery process.
- REV. MARK BEERS, MIDLAND MC, will be seeing a kidney specialist at U of M on Friday. Pray that this doctor will be able to determine a course of treatment for Mark's kidney disease.
4. REV. JEFF & SHALON HOSSLER, ORCHARD CC, ROMEO, were hopeful that they would be able to bring their three adopted children home from Ethiopia next week but they have run into some red tape issues. Please pray that this will be resolved quickly so that the Hosslers can unite their family.
5. CHURCH NEWS - Pray for the ministry of these pastors:
- DAYTON HEIGHTS CC - FLINT, voted unanimously to call BOB (GIDGET) PHILLIPS as their pastor. Bob is a lay minister out of DAVISON MC and has been serving as the interim pastor at Dayton Heights.
- CASS CITY MC has called PASTOR JUSTIN (MICHELLE) KUHL to serve as their Pastor of Student Life and Discipleship. Justin will work 3/4 time for Cass City MC and 1/4 of his time for our church plant SON'S LIFE MC, SEBEWAING.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
1. DAVISON MC presents the free interactive drama, JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM, on December 7 & 8 with journeys departing continuously between 3:00 and 7:00 PM.
2. CROSSROADS CC - CHINA, MI, invites you to join them for ONE STARRY NIGHT on Friday, December 13 from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. This interactive event will give you the experience of Mary and Joseph's journey to the manger. To reserve a spot for this event, please call (810) 329-5221 with your name and the number attending.
3. FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH, BROWN CITY, will present JOURNEY TO BETHLEHEM on Friday, December 13 from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.
4. COLONIAL WOODS MC - PORT HURON presents their Christmas musical on December 13, 14, & 15 at 7:30 PM.
5. CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES INSTITUTE, CMI, is taking registrations for:
- CHURCH HISTORY (HIS 101) - Saturdays (Jan. 4, Feb. 1 & 22), 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Michigan Region Resource Center - Burton, MI. Rev. Bill Barnwell is the instructor. Register by December 15.
For more information, check out CMI's web site: http://www.mcmichigan.org/christian_ministries_institute.php