News and Notes
MAY 15, 2013
PRAYER & PRAISE:
1. Thank you for your prayer support for TIMMY MALONEY, infant son of REV. MATT & SUSIE MALONEY - WALLED LAKE MC. Timmy is holding his own and is gaining weight once again. SUSIE was readmitted to the hospital on Monday due to a fever. Please pray that the doctors will find the best medications to help Susie fight off the infection and the Timmy will continue to gain weight and get stronger each day.
2. REV. HAROLD SEVER, GRACE MC - WATERFORD, is continuing his chemo treatments for cancer. The chemo has caused sever nausea but a new medication has helped to relieve that issue. May the Lord bring His healing touch to Harold's kidney and lung and give him the stamina to continue on his chemo treatments.
3. PHYLLIS PHIPPS was hospitalized last week and had a liver biopsy. She was released from the hospital on Friday and will go back in a couple weeks to get the results of the biopsy. She is feeling better and has been able to be out and about some in the past few days. Please continue to pray for Phyllis as she deals with the mysteries of this illness that she has been fighting over the past year. Phyllis is the wife of retired Ministries Coordinator for the Missionary Church, Rev. Ron Phipps.
4. DUNCAN BRIDELL, young son of former youth pastor at ROYAL OAK MC - PASTOR JEFF & BECKY BRIDELL, had a bone biopsy on May 10. Please pray that this biopsy will continue to bring good news in Duncan's fight with leukemia.
5. Praise the Lord that GEORGIA SINZ, mother of LYNN (PASTOR PAUL) MELCHER - WATERTOWN MC, SANDUSKY, was able to receive a pacemaker and has been able to go home.
6. Three weeks ago prayer was requested for REV. DENNY COLLINS - WP missionary to Ireland, as he, Thomas and Liam from their Irish church community were going on their first missions trip to Belarus. The team was able to minister in Jesus' name to 140 orphans and over 30 elderly people who have been abandoned by their families. This trip not only blessed the people of Belarus but encouraged Thomas, who is a new believer, and Liam in their walk with the Lord.
7. Sympathy is extended to the family of MR. NEIL RINEHART, Director of Financial Service for the Missionary Church. Neil went home to be with Jesus early this morning after a long and valiant fight with cancer. Please pray for his wife LAURENNA and their family as funeral arrangements are made and they go through the grieving process. Pray too for the staff at our denominational office in Fort Wayne as they have lost one of their own.
8. Please pray for our CHURCHES IN TRANSITION:
FELLOWSHIP BIBLE CHURCH, BROWN CITY has been conducting interviews and is narrowing their search for their next pastor.
CALVARY MC, LIVONIA is beginning the search process. REV. STEVE & CAROL STUMP are serving in the interim.
EVERGREEN MC, LOWELL - REV. BILL & MARGARET HOSSLER continue to provide leadership as Bill serves as their interim pastor.
REDEEMER, SHELBY TWP. - REV. JIM & BECKY THOMPSON are providing leadership as Redeemer seeks God's will for their future.
BATES MC, WILLIAMSBURG is currently looking for a bi-vocational pastor as REV. CLIFF & JANET BATTERBEE plan to retire in the near future.
8. ONGOING PRAYER CONCERNS:
DOROTHY YERKE, mother of REV. AL YERKE, is in the nursing home due to the stroke that she had last summer. She is battling c-diff.
CORA VANSLAMBROOK, wife of ROC secretary REV. LARRY VANSLAMBROOK, is recovering from gallbladder surgery.
JON DAKE was recently deployed to Afghanistan. Please pray for Jon's safety. He is the son of REV. BRIAN & BECKY DAKE, RHODES MC.
Retired Regional minister REV. WILLARD WILLIAMS has been dealing with health issues and problems balancing his medications.
GAIL STUTZMAN is continuing to recover from her recent surgery. She has several weeks of recovery ahead of her but is making progress each day. Gail is the daughter of retired pastor REV. RICHARD & JUNE CULP.
REV. MARK & MARY BEERS - MIDLAND MC desperately need to sell their home in Indiana. Please agree with them for a buyer to be found so that the financial strain can be relieved.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Due to vacation schedules, there will be no regular E-PRAYER published next week, May 22. Please feel free to contact the Regional Resource Center if there is an emergency.
2. MANCELONA CAMP has received a $5,000.00 matching challenge from an anonymous donor. If you would like to give toward this challenge, please send donations to the Michigan Region Missionary Church at 1091 Creekwood Trail, Burton, MI 48509. Checks can be made out to the Michigan Region noting that the funds are for the Mancelona Camp Challenge.
3. The Region's YOUTH MINISTRY TEAM is presenting a SON LIFE training event with DON ROSCOE on May 31 & June 1 at FIRST MISSIONARY CHURCH, CLARKSTON. All pastors, youth pastors, and lay leaders interested in discipleship are invited to participate. Cost is $55.00 per person and checks should be made payable to First Missionary Church, 4832 Clintonville Rd., Clarkston, MI 48346. Registrations are due by May 28. For more information, please contact Youth Ministry Coordinator REV. TIM PATCH at email@example.com
4. GRACE COMMUNITY MC, BAD AXE, is planning to host a Redemption Card Tournament on June 15. If students from your church would be interested in participating, please contact REV. JOHN RZENDZIAN at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. The MISSIONARY CHURCH NATIONAL CONFERENCE, SHIFT, takes place July 15-18 in Fort Wayne. Guest speakers are FRANCIS CHAN, STEVE MOORE, and ALVIN VANDERGRIEND. Early Bird Registrations are due by midnight tonight! For more information, please check out the web page: http://www.shiftnationalconference.com/