The Missionary Church Ministry Leadership Council and the General Oversight Council have, unanimously and enthusiastically, signed a Pledge of Brotherly Commitment to faithfully practice the discipline of prayer and fasting.
With this pledge in mind they personally affirm the biblical mandate to fast and pray and passionately call everyone in our fellowship to intentional prayer and fasting*.
In obedience to our Lord, the massive challenges of our times, and the effective expansion of His Kingdom through the ministries of His church, let us commit to at least one day of prayer and fasting each month over the next twelve months. While you may choose any day you wish, we invite you to join us on the 1st Thursday of each month.
Let our primary focus be:
1) Prayer for great humility, personal repentance and corporate unity;
2) Listening to His voice through His Word and His Spirit;
3) Prayer for a renewed passion for God;
4) Prayer for the revival and renewal of your local church as well as our Missionary Church ministries worldwide;
5) Prayer for the accomplishment of the Vision of the Missionary Church focused upon, 1perpetual intercessory prayer, 2evangelizing the lost and making disciples, 3strengthening local churches, 4planting new churches and districts of churches, and 5intentional recruitment and development of catalytic, passionate leaders.
Let us personally embrace His promise,
“If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14
*We welcome and encourage individual participants to consider a variety of different kinds of fasting, especially when there are medical issues involved (i.e. one meal, fruits and vegetables only – “Daniel fasting,” fasting of entertainment or recreational activity, etc.). The purpose of fasting is giving up a routine or everyday activity in order to devote oneself to prayer and seeking God.
*We encourage local churches to organize 24 hour as well as 24/7 prayer vigils that include the call to prayer and fasting. For details of 24/7 go to www.mcgpn.org.